Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lucha Libre Taco Shop



So, for my first review I decided to try Lucha Libra Taco Shop in Mission Hills.

I first became aware of it about a year ago when I saw billboards asking who had the best taco, Lucha Libra or another Mission Hills restaurant El Cuervo.


Driving past the shop in the afternoon one will notice a long line going out the building. Originally, I intended to stop in a couple weeks ago, but was detered by the wait. So, I made a stragic decision to grab a bite right before the lunch rush.

The Lucha Libra theme is caried out in all parts of the interior from posters to pictures and is mixed with a funky retro decore and vibe. Stepping up to the counter, I ordered two shrip tacos with a medium fountain drink. I also had the option of some bottle drinks and beer, but I opted for coke. Next to the soda fountain is a salsa bar with 5 or 6 different colored salsas. I was indecisisve on which to choose, so I chose the one that appeared emptiers than the others assuming that it was the most popular. Within 5 minuts my order was up and I had my shrip tacos. The tacos were grilled and covered in cabage and sauce. I poured the salsa over the tacos and devored them. I felt satisfied by my meal, but was not overwhelmed. I thought the tacos were good but not particularly amazing.












































No comments:

Post a Comment